Prepare existing airport infrastructure for zero-emissions commercial electric flights and leverage wider export opportunities. Measures will need to:
- Develop the requisite training for existing and new pilots and for the maintenance of electric aircraft.
- Prepare power and charging infrastructure networks and capabilities.
- Develop a network of charging stations across New Zealand airports so that alternatives are available, in the case of service disruptions.
- Coordinate charging standards to ensure that a wide variety of aircraft can utilise charging equipment.
- Investigate export-ready applications, such as pilot and maintenance training.
- Upgrade the aviation system and existing airport infrastructure to cater for greater use of unmanned aircraft.
2022 - 2041
Want to know more
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.