Transport network planning and funding entities should:
- Improve the quality, speed and reliability of public transport to major employment centres.
- Improve active transport infrastructure, starting with low-cost solutions such as improving pedestrian crossings and reallocating existing road space to provide safe cycling facilities.
- Reduce barriers to the cost-effective implementation of low-emissions transport modes and streamline costly resource management and local government consultation processes.
- Increase certainty of funding to enable low-emissions transport modes to scale up efficiently.
- Ensure all options considered for investments are subject to appropriate cost-benefit analyses.
- Te Manatū Waka | Ministry of Transport
- Waka Kotahi | New Zealand Transport Agency
- Manatū Mō Te Taiao | Ministry for the Environment
- Local Government
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.