Enable the planning and protection of infrastructure corridors in advance of growth through the following steps:
- Develop a lead infrastructure policy and supporting guidance that provides a clear definition of lead infrastructure. The policy should include evaluation techniques for decision-making.
- Amend resource management legislation to extend the duration of designations to 30 years and allow designations to be granted based on concept plans. Statutory tests for designations should be based on an established evaluation methodology.
- Establish a corridor reservation fund with a secure funding source that can be used for early corridor-protection activities, such as buying designated or identified sites in advance.
- Manatū Mō Te Taiao | Ministry for the Environment
- Te Tai Ōhanga | The Treasury
- Te Waihanga | New Zealand Infrastructure Commission
- Infrastructure Providers
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.