Resource management reforms should include requirements for regional spatial plans that:
- Provide clear direction to district plans and funding plans.
- Include mechanisms for participation by relevant central government infrastructure suppliers and Māori.
- Provide for cities to double or triple in population and provide alternative scenarios for the spatial distribution of growth, rather than providing only for a single growth scenario.
- Identify future infrastructure requirements, including future transport networks and other major infrastructure.
- Manatū Mō Te Taiao | Ministry for the Environment
- Te Tūāpapa Kura Kāinga | Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.