Implement congestion pricing and road tolling in urban centres by:
- Implementing recommendations in the “The Congestion Question” report for congestion charging in Auckland. Stage implementation as appropriate, considering current and future public transport arrangements.
- Immediately removing legislative barriers to implementing congestion charging and road tolling, such as requirements in the Land Transport Management Act 2003 for alternative untolled routes.
- Progressing planning for congestion pricing schemes for Wellington and other cities as appropriate.
- By 2025, identifying other urban areas where congestion pricing may be beneficial.
- Assigning responsibility for setting and adjusting prices to an appropriate independent institution.
- Te Manatū Waka | Ministry of Transport
- Waka Kotahi | New Zealand Transport Agency
- Local Government
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.