To increase the resilience of critical infrastructure the government should:
- Develop a principles-based definition of critical infrastructure.
- Apply the definition of critical infrastructure consistently across the policy and legislative framework for resilience.
- Develop the criteria to set infrastructure criticality levels and then identify New Zealand’s critical infrastructure.
- Clarify and strengthen requirements to identify minimum service levels for critical infrastructure in the event of an emergency.
- Adequately resource lead resilience agencies to carry out the functions required to support the delivery of critical infrastructure, on a consistent and long-term basis.
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.