Streamline consenting of low-emissions energy infrastructure while meeting environmental objectives by:
- Strengthening existing Resource Management Act 1991 national direction for renewable energy generation and transmission.
- Developing a streamlined approach to planning and consenting under the Natural and Built Environments legislation, which could include tools such as environmental standards for project consenting and development of renewable energy zones.
- Establishing an offshore regulatory framework to explore and develop low-emissions energy resources in territorial waters
- Manatū Mō Te Taiao | Ministry for the Environment
- Hīkina Whakatutuki | Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
The latest news and progress for this recommendation.